You are here: Home Articles
|Call: +27 11 708 7950 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Many people make the mistake of thinking that once they made the investment in a state-of-the-art irrigation system, that that is all they need. In order to get the most from your investment, you need to invest in professional irrigation maintenance services. This not only helps to keep your system working efficiently, but you also ward off any downtime and damage by bringing in preventative maintenance, aimed at keeping your system operating optimally at all times.
You’ve made the smart investment of procuring a state-of-the-art irrigation system, or intend to make the smart choice of deploying irrigation throughout your property. Do you know enough about landscape irrigation design and equipment to utilise it to its full potential? Do you have the in-house expertise needed to maintain the system and ensure its longevity?
More and more developers and building owners are after the coveted Green Star status. The Green Star SA Rating System is an agreed standard and benchmark for green buildings, allowing the public to objectively assess and agree on just how ‘green’ a building really is. It is a rating system that normalises definitions and measures the design, construction and management of a building to make it more sustainable.While there are several rating systems the world over, South Africa has adopted the Green Star South Africa rating system, which is based on the Australian system but customised to fit into the South African context. Building owners can submit evidence to the Green Building Council SA in support of why they should be provided with a Green Star SA rating.
The earth is covered with 70% water, comprising of inland seas, ponds, lakes and rivers, with water also found below the surface. However, the oceans hold about 96.5% of all Earth’s water. This leaves little more than 3.5% fresh water, of which nearly 70% is frozen in the Antarctic and Greenland icecaps. Most of the remainder of fresh water is present in soil moisture, or is hidden deep underground in aquifers - as groundwater that isn’t accessible to human use.
South Africa is basically an irrigation country. The majority of its resources depend on the country’s agricultural output. As such, South Africa is dependent on natural water resources to support its agricultural sector. Farmers and other commercial businesses have had to look at other ways to distribute water to their crops and lands due to the worst drought in over a century ravaging through South Africa at the moment.
It can be one of life's little pleasures to take a walk. Sunday afternoon laziness can be transformed into an outing in your neighbourhood. Then again the lovely lush lawns you see as you stroll by, make you want to rant at the unfairness. You have used the same sprinkler systems as your neighbours, but still the end result is no where near as fabulous as theirs. With your lovely afternoon stroll now spoilt you contemplate ripping out the pipes, if not your own lawn, in frustration.
With water being the most important resource on our planet, rainwater harvesting is the smartest thing you can do.
Rainwater harvesting is the accumulation of water for reuse on-site, instead of allowing it to run off. In a world where water is becoming scarcer and demand is growing, rainwater harvesting is the solution.
If you have listened to the news recently you will know that we are in the grips of a water shortage, especially in Kwa-Zulu Natal. The dams are not at full capacity and rain is scarce. This could mean the implementation of water restrictions in certain areas. The truth of the matter is that we need to start making changes and conserving water, storing it in safe vessels and using our water wisely.
Submersible pumps are devices that are used in certain applications, especially installations where the pump needs to be lowered down into deep holes or underwater. Unlike other pumps these pumps push water to the surface as opposed to pulling water to the surface. A submersible pump has a motor in a tightly sealed unit, making it safe to submerge the pump in liquid.
You may have heard on the news that some of our beautiful damns in South Africa are running dangerously low on water. Which is firstly not good for us in our homes with the fear of water restrictions, but more importantly it is not good for the environment.